Bierfest – ze Zuid Afrikan bierfest mit a genuine touch of klaus!
Voted as the “next best thing” to actually being at ze historic Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, ze TOPS at SPAR Bierfest is SA’s largest, annual, national, festival of Bavarian bier culture.
Since 2011, Bierfest has been carting its kegs to Durban, Johannesburg und Cape Town from September through to November each year. In December 2015, Sun City was added as a new destination on ze Bierfest tour circuit. In 2016 – Bierfest heeded the calls of the thirsty to bring its biers and oompah dress-up fraulein fun to more cities in SA and so Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape was added to the TOPS at SPAR Bierfest tour circuit!
Coming soon to your bev-area!! Now in it’s sixth year running, SA’s best-loved little big bierfest will once again be bringing its lederhosen, dirndls, pigtails, oompah music, frauleins, eisbeins und jugs of delicious, specially-made, cold crafty biers to its adoring fans for more Fest Klaus Fun!
Building on the national success of TOPS at SPAR Bierfest’s past, this year sees the well-loved event touting a refreshed look in new venues in more cities across it’s 4 000-seater brauhaus marquee, whilst retaining all the key elements that makes the annual event so spectacularly “Bierfest.”
Leading each 5-hour long romp of oompah music, beautiful bier and Bavarian cuisine will be the return of award-winning actor and stand-up comedian Brendan Murray in the role of Klaus Über Hüber; ze mayor of Munich, with a supporting cast of feisty frauliens, Rainer the jolly innkeeper, und one of SA’s top party bands! (And even a surprise or two.)
Eat, drink und be merry: as always, Bierfestarians can look forward to participating in a range of traditional Oktoberfest-inspired games between biers (when last did you put your cow milking skills to the test?), on-ze-spot competitions (hint: dress-up on theme as best you can – there are trips to the actual Oktoberfest in the offering), and other audience participatory activities (if hoisting 1-litre steins of frothing bier to your lips repeatedly and singing along to German folk-song isn’t enough “participation” for you!).
Love at fest sight: from start to finish, the emphasis at Bierfest is on having fun with your buddies and the extended Bierfest family before making use of one of the event’s many get-home-safely options that make up the event’s lauded #DrinkSmart programme.
Get your schmidt together and get ready for Bierfest fun!
Coming to your Bev-area in 2016!
- PORT ELIZABETH @ Boardwalk: Friday 22 – Saturday 23 April.
- JOHANNESBURG @ Silverstar: Friday 2 – Sunday 4 September.
- DURBAN @ Sibaya: Friday 30 September – Saturday 1 October.
- CAPE TOWN @ Newlands Brewery: Friday 4 – Sunday 6 November.
Tickets on Tap: Bierfest will again be offering patrons four different ticket options, designed to suit most budgets:
- Braumeister (V-VIP option) from R875 per person (excl. VAT); a 3-course meal and limited bar tab plus some fun dress-up options included!
- Brauhaus (VIP option) from only R445 per person (excl. VAT) a 2-course meal, limited bar tab and costume accessories.
- Über Bier Hall: Only R195 per person (excl. VAT) for the day-time session (Saturday), R215 per person (night time session) includes 1 x 500ml bier, bier tastings and a dress-up item.
- Standard Bier Hall Ticket: only R125 per person (excl. VAT) for the day-time session (Saturday) and R140 per person (excl. VAT) for the night-time session includes entrance to the event, along with a complimentary bier tasting.
All food and drink purchases at the festival are made using Bierfest “Crowns.” Crowns are available in denominations of R30 and are sold in packs of five (non-refundable).
Pre-Order your Bierfest food platter online now und your Fraulein will delivery it directly to your table.
The event is not open to anyone under the age of 18.